Thread: Infiniti G35 Sedan | 2JZ-GTE | R154 Build

Default Infiniti G35 Sedan | 2JZ-GTE | R154 Build

Here is a summary of posts that we made on Supra Forums. I post there much more frequently.

We started this build a while back for a good customer of ours. The original VQ35 was boosted, but failed just over 400 whp. While we were building the car, goals changed, and the car was sold to another customer. The new owner plans to drift the car. Over the last 2 weeks, we re-started the build.

We started the car tonight, and we plan to have it on the dyno over the weekend.

• 1995 Auto Aristo 2JZ-GTE
    • Kelford Cams
    • Supertech Springs and Retainers
    • ARP Head Studs
    • Cometic Head Gasket
    • Edlebrock 70mm Throttle Body
    • HKS Timing Belt

• PTE 67
    • TurboSmart 48mm Wastegate
    • Custom V-Band Intercooler Piping
    • 4" core Intercooler
    • HKS "black" BOV
    • 3" Downpipe

• 10 Gallon Fuel Cell
    • Aeromotive A1000 Pump
    • Aeromotive A1000 Regulator
    • -8AN Feed
    • HKS Fuel Rail
    • 1200cc RC Fuel Injectors

• R154 Trans w/ Marlin Crawler Trust washer
    • OS Giken Twin Disk
    • Custom Driveshaft
    • Quaife Differential

• AEM EMS v2
    • AEM IAT
    • AEM 5 BAR

I have pictures from the entire build. I'll post more pictures in the AM, but here are a few of the "nearly" finished product.

Here is the car before the swap. We just ordered a set of CCW Classics today.

And the old VQ:

And the 2JZ

In the car

Here is the initial start up video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnG1qxKqUFQ
    Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

Polishing the water necks

Head Studs going in. The picture makes it look like cylinder walls were very rusty, but they were not.

Here is a picture of the Fuel Cell Sump and the A1000

OS Giken Clutch
    Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

For the mount kit, the cross member has to be trimmed back and boxed in to clear the pan. The engine mounts need to be made, but are fairly simple to fabricate, as is the tranny mount. We were planning to keep the A/C, and had started making the lines, then the car changed hands. The new owner plans to use the car for track use only, so he decided to leave the A/C off.

As for cooling, we used a radiator that was made for the G35, and modified the water necks to work with it. The upper neck was cut, the section with the 2 water nipples were removed, and it was welded back together in the opposite direction. That made it possible to use a 90 degree upper radiator hose. After the new owner bought the car, we also installed a Mishimoto Radiator for the G35. The lower radiator hose outlet is on the drivers side of the G35 radiator, so we welded that shut, and moved it to the passenger side to accommodate a shorter hose. We're using 2 pusher fans on the front of the radiator, but there is room for fans on the backside.

Here is a pic of the radiator outlet. You can also see the clearance between the pulleys and the OEM G35 Radiator.

Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

We are using the stock 6 speed rear, but we replaced the stock differential with a Quaife.

Quaife is on the left, stock viscous is on the right.

Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

On the dyno...

Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

These came today:

Dan at CCW made magic happen as usual. The order was placed on Monday, and the wheels were made, shipped overnight, and arrived to us this morning.

These are the CCW LM-5. They are 11" Front and 12" Rear.

Here is the owner of the car, Austin, with the CCW's:

Generally, I'm not a fan of the "HellaFlush" look, but I think it's going to suit this car. 225/40/18 F and 245/40/18 R Tires.

Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

Here are a few pics of the car.... finished. I know that most of you guys are not a fan of aggressive fitments. Neither am I, but for some reason, I like this car.

Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

Certified Gearhead

nice. love seeing the 2jz in pretty much anything haha
    Zen Motors LLC
    Local Phone:770.904.2868
    E-Mail: [email protected]

So do we. This build is all about doing something a little off center. Even though a 2JZ is pretty common, there are not many sedans with CCWs and 2JZ's sliding around your local drift event!
    Top Dead Center
    www.TDCauto.com
    (864) 699-9436

so what did he put down? I like it alot dude
    zoom-zoom-zoom

Update....

The Precision turbo ate itself.

We replaced it with this:
    It's a Comp Turbo CT4 6765, triple ball bearing, billet wheel.

Should be going back on the dyno on Friday.
    ECU chipping services & one stop tuning for: Crome Gold, S300, K-Pro, Flashpro, AEM EMS, AEM F/IC, Haltech, Motec, PowerFC L & D-Jetro, Nistune, Utec, Unichip, Cobb AccessPORT, SCT, DiabloSport, HP Tuners, Tweecer, Big Stuff, FAST, Map-ECU,TurboEdit, C.A.T.S, Megasquirt, Microtech, DSM Link, CPE Standback, SAFC, VAFC, NEO

Hubert Murias
    [email protected]
    864-699-9436